Allocated Time : 60 minutes
Choose a, b, c, or d.
1. This is a popular drink. You make it from beans. It is ….
2. You carry your things in it. You move it with your hand. It is a ….
a. tote bag
3. Look at the picture. It is an ….
TIME AND MONEY
4. What time is it now? It is 05.45.
a. It is a quarter past six.
b. It is a quarter to six.
c. It is a quarter past five.
d. It is a quarter to five.
5. How much is the ticket? It is $ 45.80
a. It is forty-five dollars and eighteen cents.
b. It is forty-five dollars and eighty cents.
c. It is forty dollars and eighteen cents.
d. It is forty dollars and eighty cents.
6. There is a force trying to stop you. It is called ….
a. go down
PREPOSITION OF TIME (IN, ON, AT)
Answer by using “preposition of time” (number 7-10)
7. I celebrate Christmas with my family … December.
8. I love to go to beach … summer.
9. We eat our dinner … 7 o’clock.
10. I’m going to ride my bike … the afternoon.
SIMPLE PAST AND PAST PROGRESSIVE
If we used 2 actions (simple past and past progressive together), it shows that the past simple action happened in the middle of the past progressive action.
Look at the sentences below. Answer by using “simple past or past progressive”. (number 11-14)
11. I … (eat) my hotdog when you called me.
a. was eating
b. were eating
12. When I arrived at the party, Lili and Lala … (dance) together.
a. was dancing
b. were dancing
13. My sister was cooking in the kitchen when she … (hurt) her hand.
a. was hurt
b. were hurt
14. When my brother … (come) home, my sister was doing her project.
a. was coming
b. were coming
Reading. Read the story below to answer number 15-17
It’s Christmas Eve. The young boy can’t sleep. Although his friend insists, “There is no Santa,” the boy is a believer. Rather than sleeping, he is very quietly listening, hoping to hear the sounds of Santa’s sleigh bells. Instead, late at night, he hears some different sounds, sounds that draw him to the bedroom window to see what’s causing them.
Is it a dream or is there really a train outside his house? Wrapped in his robe and slippers, the boy goes downstairs and outside. There the conductor is calling, “All Aboard.” After asking the boy if he’s coming, the conductor explains that the train is the Polar Express, the train to the North Pole.
15. What sound the boy want to hear?
a. Train’s whistle.
b. Train’s horn.
c. Santa’s sleigh bells.
d. Santa’s laugh
16. Where is the boy when he hears some sounds?
a. In the train
b. In the station
c. In the bedroom
d. In North Pole
17. The person who calls “All Aboard” is a ….
a. train driver
b. train engineer
d. Santa Claus
Listening. Open the link below to answer number 18 – 20
18. How much is the tickets?
a. £ 42
b. £ 44
c. £ 40
d. £ 14
19. What time does she leave?
a. At half past eight
b. At a quarter past eight
c. At seven o’clock
d. At half past seven
20. The story takes place in a ….
a. Music concert
c. Ticket office