ENGLISH DAILY TEST
Allocated Time : 60 minutes
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. Look at the picture. It is the picture of ….
2. I swam in a … last week.
3. We flew our kites at the ….
4. A place where we can find houses and buildings is….
5. A place that is covered by trees is….
6. When my aunt was young, she … dance beautifully and she was the best!
7. I … sing so I do not want to join the competition.
8. Which consonant is not pronounced or silent in “RHINO” word?
9. Which consonant is not pronounced or silent in “SIGN” word?
10. Which one is different among the vocabularies below?
CONJUNCTIONS: AND, BUT, SO, BECAUSE
11. She is a great singer, … she needs to practice more in dancing.
12. I ate my lunch, … I was hungry.
13. She was tired, … she slept early.
14. I like to eat bananas … oranges.
CHOOSING CORRECT TENSE
15. Choose the correct sentence out of four ….
a. I cannot read when I was a baby.
b. I can play a piano when I was six years old.
c. I could play a piano when I am ten-year-old.
d. I could read some stories when I was four years old.
16. The test was difficult but ….
a. I can pass it
b. I cannot pass it
c. I could pass it
d. I couldn’t pass it
II. Reading. Read the paragraphs below and choose the correct answers for number 17-20.
Every year, the small town of Twinsburg, Ohio, in the United States, has a special festival. It’s called the Twins Days Festival. The festival takes place in August. It’s three days long and it is very popular.
Thousands of brothers and sisters visit the town. Most of them are twins. They go there to meet old friends and to make new ones. Twins often look the same, with the same hair and eyes colours. They often have the same hobbies too.
(SOURCE: JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL BOOK)
17. What’s “the best title” for the paragraphs above?
a. Twins look the same.
b. Twins are very popular.
c. Twins have the same hobbies.
d. Twins Days Festival in Twinsburg.
18. How long is the festival?
a. 1 day
b. 2 days
c. 3 days
d. 4 days
19. When do they hold the festival?
a. In June
b. In July
c. In August
d. In September
20. The festival is held in a small town of Twinsburg that is located in …
d. New York
III. Listening. Listen to the audio and answer number 21 – 25.
21. Jack loves hiking in the mountain together with his ….
22. What does Vicky do in the island?
b. Having a picnic
d. Seeing the view only.
23. What’s Mary’s favourite place?
24. What’s Mary’s favourite animal?
25. What’s Sally’s favourite place?