EMERGENCY SERVICE VOCABULARIES (DANGER!)
1. It is a vehicle. It often arrives with paramedics. It is a/an ….
b. fire engine
c. police car
2. Look at the picture. He is a ….
b. police officer
3. Look at the picture. It is a/an….
b. fire engine
c. police car
TO BE (WAS/WERE, IS/AM/ARE)
4. Yesterday at 7 o’clock, Mr. and Mrs. Brown … reading a newspaper.
5. The baby … sleeping on the bed “now”.
6. This is a small building. Some are houses. Some are stores.
a. It is a hotel
b. It is a hut
c. It is a hospital
d. It is a sandcastle
7. This is a very big wave. It is dangerous.
a. It is a fire
b. It is a flood
c. It is a tsunami
d. It is aa earthquake
8. This is very cold. You eat it and it tastes sweet.
a. It is a cupcake
b. It is an ice cream
c. It is a chocolate
d. It is a pizza
9. Read the sentences below. Choose the correct useful information below.
a. Hello, I’m Lina. I’m in a Rose Station beside a supermarket. There is an accident. He can’t walk.
b. Help! There’s an accident.
c. Wow, an accident. Let’s see it.
d. Hello, can you help? There is an accident here.
10. What should you do if there’s a fire in the house?
a. Leave the house quickly and run.
b. Let the doors open.
c. Take all things with you.
d. Call the emergency services
GROUP OF WORDS
11. Snorkel, sandcastle, and an ice cream cone are the group of … words
12. Paramedic, firefighter, and police officer are the group of … words.
PAST PROGRESSIVE TENSE
Complete the verb by using “PAST PROGRESSIVE”.
13. We … (swim) in the pool.
c. was swimming
d. were swimming
14. He … (read) Harry Potter novels.
a. is reading
b. was reading
c. are reading
d. were reading
15. I … (not/practice) the guitar when they came.
a. was practicing
b. wasn’t practicing
c. were practicing
d. weren’t practicing
16. When I called my friends. They… (play) monopoly.
a. is playing
b. was playing
c. are playing
d. were playing
17. I tried to tell them my story but they … (not/listen) to me.
a. don’t listen
b. wasn’t listening
c. weren’t listening
d. will not listen
Tsunamis are giant waves caused by earthquakes or volcanic eruptions under the sea. Out in the depths of the ocean, tsunami waves do not dramatically increase in height. But as the waves travel inland, they build up to higher and higher heights as the depth of the ocean decreases. The speed of tsunami waves depends on ocean depth rather than the distance from the source of the wave. Tsunami waves may travel as fast as jet planes over deep waters, only slowing down when reaching shallow waters. While tsunamis are often referred to as tidal waves, this name is discouraged by oceanographers because tides have little to do with these giant waves.
18. The speed of tsunamis waves depends on ….
a. The depth of the ocean
b. The distance of the ocean
c. The size of the ocean
d. The animals in the ocean
19. Tsunamis are caused by ….
a. Pollution in the air
b. Clearing of forest by cutting and burning trees
c. There are so many fish die in the ocean
d. Earthquakes that occur underwater
20. The tsunamis may travel very fast as fast a … move.
b. jet plane
ACADEMIC YEAR: 2020/2021
Allocated Time : 50 minutes
Contoh Soal EMERGENCY SERVICE VOCABULARIES